What is Juvederm?
- Juvederm is a cosmetic treatment referred to as a filler. It’s used to restore facial contours and improve signs of aging.
- It’s an injectable dermal filler with a base of hyaluronic acid.
- It’s a treatment that focuses on the face, specifically the cheeks, lips, and around the mouth.
- The procedure to inject the product takes 15 to 60 minutes.
- It’s one of the most common nonsurgical cosmetic procedures done in the U.S.
Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler. There are several products in the Juvederm family. They all are used to help people address the facial signs of aging. Each product in the Juvederm line features different bonding and concentrations of hyaluronic acid. The different products are each tailored to target specific problems when injected into different areas and depths. Juvederm fillers have a smooth, gel-like consistency.
- Juvederm Voluma XC adds volume beneath your skin’s surface to increase the size of your cheeks.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC and Juvederm Vollure XC address the loss of skin elasticity and fill out wrinkles and lines around the mouth and nose — known as smile lines.
- Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm Volbella XC work as nonsurgical lip enhancement treatments.
You may not be a good candidate if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in Juvederm or another Juvederm product.
- You have a skin infection at the planned site of injection.
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a severe illness or infection.
How long does it last?
Juvederm Voluma XC-Proven to last up to 2 years *with optimal treatment results may vary.
Juvederm Ultra XC-Proven to last up to 1 year *with optimal treatment results may vary.
Juvederm Volbella XC-Proven to last up to 1 year *with optimal treatment results may vary.
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC-Proven to last up to 1 year *with optimal treatment results may vary.
Juvederm Vollure XC-Proven to last up to 18 months *with optimal treatment results may vary.
What does recovery time look like?
Recovery time is minimal. But, people are advised to avoid strenuous activity, sun exposure, wearing makeup, and consuming alcohol for at least 24 hours post treatment. Most notice the effects of Juvederm right away, or after the swelling reduces. Some people report bruising.
Juvederm Ultra Plus-$450
Juvederm Vollure- $500